There are presently no open calls for submissions.
Off the Grid Poetry Prize:
This year's prize will be judged by Jennifer Tseng, author of the poetry collections Not so dear Jenny, Red Flower, White Flower, and The Man with My Face, which won the 2006 PEN American Center Open Book Award. Full guidelines:
- The competition is open only to poets aged 60 years or older.
- Submissions will be open from May 1 to August 31, 2018. The winner will be announced by December 31, 2018.
- The winner will receive $1,000 and publication. The entry fee is $25.
- Manuscripts must be typed, paginated, and at least 50 pages in length (single-spaced). Manuscripts must have a table of contents and include a list of acknowledgments for poems previously published. There should be one title page with the book title and all contact information: Name, address, phone, email.
- Individual poems from the manuscript may have been previously published in magazines, anthologies, or chapbooks of less than 35 pages, but the collection as a whole must be unpublished. Translations and self-published books are not eligible.
- We are no longer accepting paper submissions. Please submit online via Submittable.
- If, in our judgment, no submission is worthy of publication, the press reserves the right not to publish any book.
- Send inquiries to email@example.com.