There are presently no open calls for submissions.
Off the Grid Poetry Prize:
This year's prize will be judged by Jon Davis, author of the poetry collections Preliminary Report, Scrimmage of Appetite, and Improbable Creatures, which won the 2017 Off the Grid Poetry Prize.
- The competition is open only to poets aged 60 years or older.
- Submissions will be open from May 1 to August 31, 2019. The winner will be announced by December 31, 2019.
- The winner will receive $1,000 and publication. The entry fee is $25.
- Manuscripts must be typed, paginated, and at least 50 pages in length (single-spaced). Manuscripts must have a table of contents and include a list of acknowledgments for poems previously published. There should be one title page with the book title and all contact information: Name, address, phone, email.
- Individual poems from the manuscript may have been previously published in magazines, anthologies, or chapbooks of less than 35 pages, but the collection as a whole must be unpublished. Translations and self-published books are not eligible.
- We are no longer accepting paper submissions. Please submit online via Submittable.
- If, in our judgment, no submission is worthy of publication, the press reserves the right not to publish any book.
- Send inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are seeking work that is ripened in craft and vision, written by poets over sixty, who are willing to promote their work and to support the press in maintaining a high standard of editing, design, and production quality across print and digital formats.